* Medical Disclaimer: The advice suggested by the Saathi are their own. To accept and to act on those is at the sole discretion of the individual who is seeking support. In no way should the advice given shall replace a medical diagnosis or advice from a qualified professional. If that happens, it's at the sole discretion of the individual who chooses to do that. BSIM will not be held responsible or liable for any consequences.
Terms & Conditions:
* Baby is not thriving and is not getting enough should be rushed to a medical professional
* In case a mother has sore and cracked nipples despite attempting a deep latch
* Baby is receiving more than 120 ml of Formula
Sometimes we feel like speaking with a friend who has experience with breastfeeding.
BSIM now offers you an opportunity to speak with a mother who has breastfeeding experience to be your StanpanSaathi.
What's StanpanSaathi you ask?
Stanpan in Hindi is Breastfeeding & Saathi is a friend.
We are a peer to peer support group and this is what we do best!
In this service, you can select a StanpanSaathi who is an experienced breastfeeding mother to provide peer support, through information sharing (contextualised to personal need), emotional support, basic counselling for a duration of 2 weeks.
copyright © Breastfeeding Support for Indian Mothers
DISCLAIMER: THE FAQ ARTICLES ARE INTENDED AS A SOURCE OF BASIC INFORMATION AND AN EXTENSION OF SUPPORT FROM BREASTFEEDING PARENTS TO BREASTFEEDING PARENTS. IT DOES NOT CLAIM TO REPLACE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE.
* MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: THE ADVICE SUGGESTED BY THE LACTATION CONSULTANTS/STANPAN SAATHIS/WEBINAR HOSTS ARE THEIR OWN. TO ACCEPT AND TO ACT ON THOSE IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE INDIVIDUAL WHO IS SEEKING SUPPORT. IN NO WAY SHOULD THE ADVICE GIVEN REPLACE A MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL. IF THAT HAPPENS, IT'S AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE INDIVIDUAL WHO CHOOSES TO DO THAT. BSIM WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES.
WE UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PARENTS AND BABIES CAN BE OF VARIOUS GENDERS ON A SPECTRUM OF THE LGBTIQA+. FAMILIES COME IN DIVERSE FLAVOURS. HOWEVER, IN OUR ARTICLES, FOR THE SAKE OF SIMPLICITY AND CONVENIENCE, WE WILL BE REFERRING TO THE BREASTFEEDING PARENT AS THE MOTHER AND USING THE FEMALE PRONOUNS- 'SHE' AND 'HER' FOR BABIES. BABIES CAN BE NOURISHED AND NURTURED IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND WHILE WE HAVE USED THE TERMS BREASTFEEDING AND NURSING, WE RECOGNIZE THAT PARENTS CAN OPT TO CHEST FEED OR FINGER FEED.
We don't have conflicts of interests and declare and we are compliant with the WHO Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and the IMS Act.